Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

My classroom

Below are pictures of my classroom.  It's always a work in progress, but I'm pretty pleased with some of my new ideas to stay organized this year.

My attendance magnets.  Kids move them as they enter the room.  It's made taking attendance so much easier, and kids like it!


Our vocabulary board and calendar are front and center so students can keep an eye on what's expected of them.  Having long-term calendar dates up front has helped them stay organized too!


This is the slightly chaotic space behind my desk.  It's still a work in progress, but here's what it looks like so far

The 5 Kingdoms bulletin board is at the back of my room.  We color-code each kingdom to help us remember them: Blue Bacteria, Purple Protists, Brown Fungi (because most fungi are brown), Green Plants, and Red Animals (because most have blood...this was a contribution from my students)
Notice: There are four folder bins under the board.  These are great organizers and were totally FREE! They are the bins that folders are stored in at the store.  I asked Staples if I could have the empty ones on the shelf and they gladly gave me as many as I could carry! It never hurts to ask!

This is another work in progress, my Student Center.  There's a handful of stuff that kids always need, so instead of having them ask me every five seconds, I've made a place that is theirs to use.  It has labeled (of course) drawers for pencils, erasers, hole reinforcers, highlighters, glue, etc.  They have done a pretty good job keeping things organized!

This is my favorite addition this year...sadly I can't get the picture to face the correct direction! This is my new silver shelf from Target.  It's super sturdy and adjusts to your desired shelf heights.  Currently it's storing my countless bins of small office supplies and manipulatives that I use for class, as well as my AV equipment on the lower shelves.  It's so hard to find narrow shelves, but this one fits perfectly in my little corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment